As we look for holistic ways to address our physical, emotional, and spiritual health in recovery, it is a wonderful thing when we find something that is not only effective but also inexpensive and easy to do. Repeating affirmations definitely falls into that category. It only takes a few seconds, you can do it anywhere and anytime, and it’s absolutely free.
Every morning, every night, and whenever you are starting to feel stressed out or doubt yourself, you can repeat your favorite affirmation. By definition, an affirmation is a positive statement that is inspiring, gives you hope, or reminds you of how awesome you are and how important your purpose is.
Here are 50 affirmations to get you started:
- I am strong. I am focused. I will not quit.
- I have a positive impact on the people around me.
- I am necessary. I am needed.
- I can find beauty in everything.
- I will choose to focus on the positive today.
- Everything in my life has brought me to this moment, and this moment is amazing.
- I am confident, and I can create a prosperous life for myself.
- My dreams are my own, and I have the freedom to define them for myself.
- I am surrounded by positive energy that is boundless and free.
- I am blessed with love, freedom, and laughter.
- I am worth the challenges that come with living well.
- No matter what happens today, I will learn from it and grow.
- Possibilities and opportunities are everywhere. I will find one today.
- I am creative and full of potential. Today, I will create something incredible.
- Stress is not my focus today. Today, my focus is positivity and what is possible.
- Criticism will not slow me down. I will discard what is unnecessary and learn from the rest.
- I am flexible and adaptable no matter what comes my way.
- I cannot control the choices of others. I can control the choices I make, and I choose positivity.
- I attract love, happiness, peace, and possibility.
- Abundance surrounds me.
- Because I believe in myself, others will believe in my potential as well.
- I will speak only the truth today. Honesty infuses every part of my life.
- I have everything I need to create the changes in my life that I want and deserve.
- I have all the tools at my disposal to manage every challenge that comes my way.
- I breathe in peace and contentment, and exhale negativity.
- Drama, pettiness, lies, and anger are boring and beneath me. I choose to focus only on the things that are uplifting today.
- My mind is free. I am free. Today is mine.
- Everything I experience today will improve my life and the lives of the people I love.
- I will not resist change, growth, or new possibilities. I embrace all positive opportunities that come my way.
- I do not worry about the things that I cannot control. Things unfold as they should.
- I am inspired by my own dreams and potential.
- Connecting with other people is easy. Kind and helpful people are attracted to me and my life.
- I am brave, and my fears will not stop me from living the life I deserve today.
- I will make progress toward my goal today.
- Inspiration, creativity, and persistence flow through me today.
- My mind, my opinions, and my goals are my own.
- I do not have to ignore negativity. I can learn from it and move forward.
- I am valuable. My sobriety is important to me, the people I love, and everyone in my community.
- What I have to give cannot be replicated by anyone else. I am unique and essential.
- I am grateful for…
- I am not a product of what happens to me. I can turn anything into a step forward.
- Stress does not control me. Fear does not control me. I am focused, positive, and strong.
- Today, I will stand up, and if I fall, I will stand up again.
- There is no such thing as “should have.” There is only what is and what will be.
- My next decision will be made according to what is best for me.
- Patience, faith, and serenity are mine.
- The more peaceful I am, the stronger I am.
- I will focus on what I can do to make myself better today.
- I will focus on what I am doing for myself rather than on what others are doing in their lives.
- My recovery is the most important thing today. Nothing will get in the way of my ability to stay sober.
Now that you have 50 affirmations to choose from, you can mix and match as you like. Here are some tips to help you incorporate your new positive affirmations into your life:
What affirmations will you incorporate into your life today?