1. Awake each day at 6:00am. Immediately make your bed.
2. Begin your day with proper hygienic grooming (i.e. shower, brush teeth, etc.)
3. You must not share personal items with other residents. Use your own brushes, combs, toiletries and towels.
4. Always wear clean clothes each day. You are responsible for doing your own laundry (including clothes, bath towels, etc.)
5. Prepare a reasonable breakfast of your choice (i.e. cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, etc.)
6. Prepare a reasonable lunch for yourself and follow the same clean up routine as you followed after breakfast.
7. You are expected to join the house manager and/or chef in planning and preparing the evening meals on a rotating basis. Whether or not you participate in the planning and preparing of that evening’s meal, you are required to participate in the clean up immediately following the meal.
8. When done with your meal (any and all meals), always rinse your dishes and place them in the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full of dirty dishes, inform the house manager. If the dishes are clean, empty the dishwasher and then place your rinsed dishes inside of the dishwasher. Other chores are assigned by the community.
9. Clean up after yourself throughout the day and night (beverages, food, dishes, clothing, shoes, reading material, etc.)
10. There will be no use of the telephone for the first week. At the end of the first week, access to the telephone will be reviewed on a case by case basis with written permission. Phone calls will be permitted only during free time and will be limited to 5 minutes. All calls will be made in the staff office, in the presence of staff.
11. You will refrain from the use of alcohol or any drug or medication that is not prescribed to you by your physician.
12. You will not use or have possession of any alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia or weapons.
13. You will report any suspected drugs, drug use, harassment, intimidation, sexual activity, or threats/acts of violence to the house manager or another staff member.
14. You will submit to drug screening upon staff request.
15. You will not leave the interior or backyard of the residence without being accompanied by a staff member.
16. Men will stay out of women’s rooms and women will stay out of men’s rooms.
17. You will guard and protect the confidentiality of yourself and your fellow residents at all times, whether at the residence, 12 Step meetings or any other location. The use of audio, camera or video equipment is not allowed.
18. As part of the healing process you will always work toward common respect for your follow residents and each staff member.
19. Watch television and listen to music at your leisure, but only after the evening meal clean-up has been completed and you have finished your assigned homework, journaling and reading for the day. Television viewing is to be enjoyed only at the end of the day until 10:00pm.
20. I understand that staff may search my belongings and room if there is suspicion or verification of drugs / alcohol, drug paraphernalia, weapons or any other contraband items.
Below you will find links to more detailed resources for family and loved ones. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.