Note: Solutions Recovery treats all primary alcohol and drug addictive disorders. We also treat issues related to coexisting secondary disorders, including but not limited to, anxiety, depression, eating, gambling, impulse control, sexual and trauma issues.<
Mismanaged Anger Often Leads to Substance Abuse
At Solutions Recovery in Las Vegas, Nevada, we know that anger is one of humankind’s most powerful emotions. When used constructively, anger helps us lead happier, healthier lives.
Do you find it hard to believe that 1 out of 5 Americans have an anger management problem? Then it may not surprise you that anger is a common causes of alcohol and drug abuse.
Anger is a natural human emotion and is nature’s way of empowering us to “ward off” our perception of an attack or threat to our well being. The problem is not anger, the problem is the mismanagement of anger. Mismanaged anger and rage is the major cause of conflict in our personal and professional relationships.
The Benefits of Healthy Anger:
- Anger spurs us on to greater achievements like working harder to build a business or succeed in sports.
- Anger immediately tells us when something is wrong and needs to be addressed such as being passed over for a promotion.
- Anger keeps us vigilant and alert during stressful situations such as ensuring quality home care for an elderly parent or family member.
- Anger helps us establish personal boundaries that prevent others from taking advantage of us.
When Anger Becomes a Problem:
- Does the physical and mental intensity of anger confuse, embarrass or scare you?
- Have you been called a “hot head” or told you have a “hair trigger temper”?
- Do you ever feel “out of control” when angry?
- When angered, do you want to lash out and hurt that person or whoever is closest in proximity to you?
- If cut off in traffic, do you drive dangerously to make the other driver scared of you?
- If insulted, jilted or in a verbal disagreement with someone, do you not feel anger?
Masking the Pain of Mismanaged Anger.
When anger becomes a problem, it’s easy to try to numb the pain or fear with drugs or alcohol. But instead of solving the problem, things only get worse.
Get help now from Solutions Recovery, our caring and knowledgeable staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you get you free from substance abuse and greatly improve your quality of life.